I know, it sounds crazy, but some people don’t have a website set up for their business yet. Or, its really bad. Or, they really just don’t need one. I’m going to show you how you can run your entire online business using Infusionsoft – without – having a website. It’s possible and I’ll show how it can be done.
(I got this idea from one of our talented developers, Joey Novak.)
- We’re going to get familiar with Trackable Links. Create a Trackable Link. Go to Setup ? Misc Settings ? Marketing Settings ? Links, or create it by clicking the “Open Merge Window” button while you’re editing an email template. Don’t tie any actions to this link.
- The next step is to make sure you’re using your default success page when someone clicks the Trackable Link. When this option is selected, you have access to an HTML editor to edit that page and make it look however you’d like. This is going to be your “landing page.”
- Go ahead and save the Trackable Link and then lets go create a Web Form to put on your “landing page”. Again, use the default success page, edit it however you’d like. Once you create your form, click “Save and Gimme the Code.”
- Once you get the code, head back to your Trackable Link, click the “HTML” button in the HTML editor, find the place in the code where you want the form and paste in the code.
- Now, send yourself a text email with the Trackable Link you created. Copy that link. This is the link you now use in your advertisements. Send pay-per-click ads to that link. Make an affiliate redirect to have your partners send traffic to that link. Put banners up that go to that link. Send emails to people (merge the Trackable Link if you’re sending from Infusionsoft) that drive to that link. Be creative, but get people to that link. When they click on it, they’ll end up on your “landing page” which is really the success page for the Trackable Link. But, it has a Web Form in it so you can capture leads (please be creative with how you capture leads).
- Basically, that’s it. But it doesn’t stop there. The success page from the web form could be an order form (hosted, of course, by Infusionsoft). The success page for the Order Form could be a One-Click Upsell. The initial web form could start a follow-up sequence that has Trackable Links that drive to more “landing pages” or to your Infusionsoft storefront or shopping cart or Order Form. The possibilities are endless if you get a little creative.
I hope this helps and gives you some ideas with how you think of using Infusionsoft. Even if you have a website, these strategies can help you be more efficient by not having to create landing page after landing page on your site every time you do something.
Don’t forget that you can edit the default success page for your “Thank You” pages by going to Setup ? Misc Settings ? Marketing ? General and editing the Web Form and Trackable Link “thank you” pages. Make them cool. Style them how you want, you know, with that CSS stuff. Then every time you create a Web Form or Trackable Link, you’ll be starting your thank you page with your “cool” looking template instead of the standard white and gray template that comes with your application.
If you have questions or comments about this “no website approach,” share in the comments section below. There’s a lot of potential here!
[Photo by a.pitch on Flickr]